- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds (soaked 4 hours or more)
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted dates (soaked)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Add all ingredients and blend on high speed until very smooth.
Pour the almond mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to extract as much milk as possible. You can also use cheesecloth.
Store the almond milk in a sealed container in the fridge. It will keep for five days. Shake well before using.
- Use 2 tsp raw honey or agave nectar instead of dates
- For Almond Cream: reduce water used to 2 cups.
- For Sesame milk: replace the almonds with 1 ¼ cups soaked sesame seeds.