Maple Nut Granola
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: medium
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 11/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 250 F.
In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, syrup and almond extract. Pour wet mixture over dry and stir to coat.
Transfer mixture to two 9 x 12 inch glass casserole dishes or cookie sheets and spread out evenly.
Bake 60 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off oven, but do not remove granola until completely cooled and set.
Remove from oven and use a spatula to release granola and break into
chunks. Store in airtight container.